Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Web 2.0 Tools for My Classroom


Corey Jackson
EDU 2043: Educational Technology
October 28, 2014

     For an assignment in my Educational Technology class with Dr. Benton, I was challenged to find ten Web 2.0 Tools that I can use in my future classroom. I have accepted Dr. Benton's challenged and have posted a brief synopsis of the tool with a link to that tools website and the reason that I would use the tool in my classroom. Perhaps you may want to use them in your classroom fellow and future teachers. 


     Quizlet is a tool that will make flashcards and quizzes for my students in any subject. Quizlet will make a quiz or flashcards in minutes, and will allow me to customize and upload unique features for the quiz or flashcards. This tool will allow me to add images, videos, custom response, timed questions, custom ending, and much more. I will use this tool in my classroom to have students prepare for test and quizzes. Quizlet is a wonderful resource for my students to study for tests and review materials if they were absent or struggling with the material. 


     PhotoStory 3 is a slideshow tool. This allows students to download, crop and organize pictures to make a story. Students can also add in their own voices to the presentation as a narrator. I would use this in the classroom for oral presentations that have to be presented to the class. I think that this would allow the student to be more receptive to the presenter’s project and even interest the students into the project more.


     Quibblo is a quizzing tool. This would be a great way for students to study for tests. They can put in the information needed for the test and quiz themselves. They could also find other quizzes that others have made to help them study. Students can also share these with other students. I wouldn’t make my students use this tool for testing purpose, instead I would suggest it to the students who aren’t doing too good on tests. I think that practicing for the test will prepare them to know and understand the information needed.


     Webspiration is a web tool used to help with organization. This tool will help organize ideas, information and documents. This would be ideal to keep students organized. I would use this in the classroom to help my students stay organized. This will keep them on task for all research assignments. I would probably use this myself as a teacher to keep myself organized.


     Invention at Play is a tool for students to invent and play educational games. With this tool students can sketch out their ideas out, and do problem solving puzzles. This tool has students explore and play with objects to explore different ways to reach their goal. I would use this tool in my classroom for my students to invent and think through playing games and puzzles. I believe with this tool, students would have interest in learning because they are allowed to create a game and puzzle and learn through this invention.


          SimpleVLE is collaborative tool by teachers and students. Teachers can post quizzes and assignments for their students to work on. Teachers create the class online and all students have access to the work. I would use this in the classroom after watching a historical movie or video. This would be a great way to test students to see if they learned anything from the movie or video.


     Create A Graph is a web tool that is designed to help teachers and students easily make graphs to display information. This seems like a very basic tool, but it is important in being able to display information using a diagram, chart, or graph, to distribute information effectively. It also provides a tutorial on how to use this tool to create an accurate graph or chart. This tool will be used in my classroom when students are doing an assignment because they can use this tool to be able to show what they have learned more creatively and effectively. I feel students would be more interested in a graphing lesson with a cool web tool like this instead of pencil, paper, and a graphing technique.


     MapSkip is a tool where students can make a world map and post stories and photos on it. Students can research a place and then write a story and post graphics; and put it onto MapSkip. This a great tool for my students to do research and post information about their genealogy. I will also have my students record their voices and add it onto their map as well. This is not only a great tool for an oral report, but also a exciting way to complete a history report.


     ChartTool is a great tool for students to communicate information visually through charts. On Chart Tool, students can design and share their charts online free. My students will make bar, pie, line, bubble charts, and radar plots. This is a great resource to organize data. In my classroom we will use Chart Tool to organize math data.



     InfoPlease is a search tool full of content from multiple research area. It provide a vast amount of places to pull from such as biographies and encyclopedias. This allows for straightforward access to what I want my students to learn whether it be in depth or a brief highlight of a subject. In my classroom, I would use this tool for my students to research the history of mathematicians and their contribution to mathematics. I personally like that you can search multiple sources in order to get facts from numerous stories that my students can research in a much responsible time frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment